Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alli's Program

Last week Alli had her first grade program at school. It was entitled "The ABC's of America" and it was dedicated to the school's secretary whose son was killed a few months ago in Iraq.
I must say, I was VERY impressed. Not only were the music and actions great, but I loved the fact that they are teaching patriotism to our children. I think there is too much of that lacking in our society. I admit I was moved to tears a few times, especially as I watched my daughter, so proud of all that she had learned. I can't explain how EXCITED she has been for this program. We are talking practicing for months and studying the words into the night in her bed!

Which one is she? Oh, yeah, she's the stinkin' cute one in the middle!


Thanks Grandmas and Grandpa for coming!

2 comments:

Robert and Kristen said...

Alli is a stinkin cute girl! Carly asked why we didn't go to her program! She just doesn't understand how far away we really live from you. She sure does love her cousins though!

Ashcraft Family said...

You're right! We need more patriotism in the schools! How fun! She's a cutie pie!