Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Huh?

My baby sister is serving a LDS mission in the Philippines right now. Being the sweet, generous person that she is, she sent a slightly bulky letter to my family a few weeks ago. Inside were 3 tiny packets probably measuring 1" x 2". Inside were mini beads. She said these were all the rage in the Philippines and the kids will love them. The front of the package reads "Seven Color Crystal Boll". I turned over the package to read the directions. I think the first person to decipher what it is I am supposed to do should get a big, fat prize! This is EXACTLY what is written:

product use information:
1. add water 400G on the product, about 4 hours it will grow up.
2. one clear beauty satiety face will grow up.
3. when the flower want to oxygen and nutrition, I will help you too much.

Not only did it leave me and Todd scratching our heads, but we laugh with every letter and every phone call from her because her broken English sounds just like the above directions.

Well, needless to say, we figured it out. Below is about 2 hours into the process.


The final product. They grew at least 10x their original size; and they are squishy, gel-like balls. And, yes, my kids do enjoy playing with them!



We are in the process of trying to dry them out because we heard they can be used and reused, hydrated and dehydrated. We shall see. Thanks Lace!

1 comments:

Melissa and Jason said...

Those are like the ones I used at the reception.