Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Kendra!


It's hard to believe my oldest baby is 11 today.
Then again, it's hard to believe she is ONLY 11.
I tell people she is 11 going on 15.
If I could only slow time. . . .
She is growing far too fast for my liking.
She shares my clothes.
We have the same size shoes.
Give her a few months and she will pass me up in height.
(Okay, so with my 5'3", it's not entirely hard to do!)
She has become my little buddy
the one I ask advice on decor and outfits.
In fact, a few days ago, she got frustrated with all the questions, and said,
"I don't know Mom! Why are you always asking ME?!"
I simply told her because she is one of my best friends.
And she is.
Happy Birthday Friend and Daughter.
You are beautiful inside and out.
We sure love you.
(Hope you enjoy your new Beach Cruiser bike!)

7 comments:

slopfam said...

You have an 11 year old? Where has time gone? How fun to have a daughter you can talk to!!

David and Jana said...

What a cute girl! Happy Birthday Kendra dear.

Robert and Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Kendra! I can't believe she is 11 years old. She is beautiful and we are so lucky to have her in our family. Love you.
P.S. Love the bike!

Denise said...

I love that you're friends as well as family. I'm starting to feel that way about my K as she gets older, too. And that is one sweet bike!

Mairin said...

wow! I remember when Ella and Kendra were just little, tiny 3rd graders! Cute little girls! Well I guess I wasn't very old either haha jk! I love her bike!

Mairin said...

Oh! I remember when Ella and Kendra were just little girls! hahah how time flies especially when you get to the age of double digits! ;)
(by the way) love the bike!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Kendra!
I can`t wait to see ya on Monday!

Rachel