Sunday, September 25, 2011

Realizations from my week

Realization #1: After shopping for jeans, I realized that there are two types of people in this world--those who can wear skinny jeans and those who can't. Though I am perfectly content with my body weight, I happen to fall in the latter category. And I'm okay with that. This Moody Booty doesn't do tighty-tight.

Realization #2
: I will never be calm and collective with a news crew shoving a camera in my face. My brain goes to mush and my mouth seizes up. Ugh. On Tuesday I had to go to KSL studios to be interviewed, wrapping up my year with Imagine a Happier You. It will be shown at Wednesday's Smart Women, Smart Money Conference.

Realization #3
: Our Colby is destined to be a pro-golfer. If he doesn't want to eat his dinner, he will ask, "If I eat this, will it help me hit the golf ball really far?" If we say yes, he will eat. This week he was putting together a puzzle of the U.S. A few minutes later he said, "Mom, I want to go to Panama. Because there is golfing in Panama. So, can I go there someday?" How about we start at the Cedar Hills Golf Course?

Realization #4
: Perhaps I talk on the phone too much? (See Andrew's drawing) The picture depicts the incident according to Andrew. After standing on the table, Ty fell off. Apparently I was obliviously on the phone in the office.

Realization #5
: Organic apples really do taste better.

Realization #6: No matter how tall or old Kendra gets, I still want to baby her when she gets sick. She had a headache for a few days (sure hope she doesn't inherit my migraines!) and a fever last night. She was the last thought of my night and the first thought this morning. She woke up feeling much better. Side note: While walking down the streets in CA this summer, often I'd be pleasantly surprised when she'd slip her hand in mine and, unembarrassed, walk hand-in-hand with me for several minutes. I know moments like that are fleeting as she gets older, but I'll take them whenever they arise.


Realization #7: I like mountain biking! I tried this for the first time this week with some friends. After falling end-over-end down a hill onto some rocks, and taking home some gnarly scrapes and bruises, I think I shall do this again and soon.

Realization #8: After taking 3 kids to the BYU football game, Todd realized that the kids go with him for one reason and one reason only: treats. Oh, and he also realized once again that BYU offense stinks.

Realization #9: I am ever-amazed at the goodness of people. After an overwhelming response to our fund-raising neighborhood yard sale, we raised $10,300! (Back story: When planned long ago in ward counsel, one of the members of the bishopric, by inspiration, gave this $10,000 goal. Everyone else laughed. It was amazing to see just how close to the mark we came--not a coincidence in my opinion. Amazing also how Father works and speaks to men. After this report in sacrament today, there were many wet eyes.) Being on the committee and in charge of the bake sale, I watched as people contributed hundreds of homemade chocolates, cookies, breads, pies, muffins, you name it. I loved seeing into the hearts of these great people around me. It was a magical moment where they were completely connecting to the God-like qualities given them at birth, the elements of the soul that need to be exposed more often. And I'm committed to trying to get in touch with that divine part of myself more frequently.(I totally stole this picture from a neighbor's FB post--thanks Bro. Lawrence! This pic only shows about a third of what was there. It was an amazing sight to see for sure!)

0 comments: