Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Escape to St. George
























I We call it our escape because that is truly what it was! The weather has been so unpredictable and cold here, so my sisters and I planned a trip during spring break, with our families to a much warmer, reliable St. George. We had so much fun. The kids giggled the entire 5 days we were there, and truth be told, you could catch most of the adults getting their share of giggling as well. We rented a house that had 5 bedrooms, 3 bathroom and, though unswimmable, a pool. There was a park just across the street that we played at a few times.




We took our bikes with us and rented a few more. On Friday, we biked through Snow Canyon. We started at the top and ended up at the sand dunes, where the kids had fun burying themselves. Looking at these pictures it makes me wonder how I ever let them back in the car. AAHH! Oh well, at least they had a great time. While they played, yours truly had the great task of riding back uphill to get the cars. Whew, tough, but a great workout and great training.





What you can't see in this picture is Colby wailing. He doesn't appreciate the bike trailer so much right now, but hopefully he will get used to it. Once we got going, he did a lot better.







The men were gracious enough to allow Nicole and I the chance to go shopping at the outlets one day. What great husbands we have! Todd and Curtis took the kids all to Fiesta Fun, and FUN is just what they did. Between bumper boats and go-carts, the kids were all smiles, but I guess you can see that for yourself.






Andrew and Alli were both very proud of the fact that they could drive a car all by themsleves! Kendra and Brooke went with Austin and Taylor in the bigger cars. They had fun and somehow Curtis convinced Brooke to hold the video camera the entire ride! I have yet to see that footage, but I'm sure it's one I won't be able to watch on a full stomach.


















Note the twins' mouths. Can you tell they are twins?























We spent our last day attending church and spending time on the St. George Temple grounds and at the visitor's center. It was a beautiful day to be there and we soaked in the sun and the spirit as much as we could. By the time we packed up and got on the road, we were all exhausted. Three out of my four slept from St. George until Provo! It was great, but don't ask me when they finally went to bed!


All in all it was a great trip. Kilee, Dainon and their girls came for a few days, but we missed getting any pictures of them. It was fun to spend more time with my sisters and their families. We definitely need to get out and play more. When's the next go-around gals?

3 comments:

Morley Muse said...

Thanks for making these great memories. When I look at your pictures and remember our "escape", it brings a smile to my face and it definitely warms my heart. I want to do it again. Our kids just loved it! My favorite picture was the one with the twins and our girls. Love ya sis.

erin said...

Hi Melody, I saw the link to your blog from Emily & Brandon's. You need to talk April into starting one. Your family is sure cute. If you want to see my blog, go to www.erinlwp.blogspot.com
--Erin

JoEllen said...

Wow, I love Kendra's hair! Your family is so beautiful. Glad you had a great time, and congrats on the triathalon! I didn't know you were doing that. I must admit, I'm jealous of your prowess. Maybe one day...