Sunday, June 29, 2008

A BIG Thank you

A big thanks to those of you who bought cookie dough last year as part of a fundraiser for my girls to attend Intermountain Suzuki String Institute. We were able to attend this year and what a great time we had! A big thanks to those who watched my boys the same week--I couldn't have done it without you! It was 2 weeks ago and here's a brief recap:

The girls had a great time learning and perfecting skills pertaining to their violin playing. They each had a master's class (like a private lesson), a computer class (they loved this! it was all music-related), a technique class, a repertoire class, and a fun class. We elected to take a choir/performing class that they were both in. They got to perform 3 songs from The Lion King, complete with choreography, and did a great job.

There were so many kids and instructors that flew in from all over the world to attend Institute and I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of it. The girls and I spent a lot of time together and it was great to have my focus solely on them. I'm so proud of both of them and all their hard work and dedication to this instrument. They love it and I love hearing and seeing them progress. It is said that Institute is equivalent to 6 months of lessons, all in a week! I believe it. There were guest artists a few of the days -- we got to hear Jenny Oaks Baker one day! I'll share some photos:



1 comments:

Natalie said...

I loved Suzuki Institute! When I was little, we attended at UTah state University...OH..the memories! I am glad that you were able to attend...your girls will always remember it! oh...and nexst time that they are doing a fundraiser..please call me....I will help out! Love ya! Nat