Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good things come to those who wait.

It has been a long time in coming. There have been many, many, MANY prayers. Faith AND hope that have had to be found, and re-found. There have been many unsuccessful setups, some down-right crappy relationships, frogs kissed and hearts broken. BUT, after all that, and even at 36, my sister-in-law Melissa, has found the love of her life and solemnized her unity to Jason on August 6 of this month. The night before the wedding I asked her if he has been worth the wait and with conviction, she quickly and assuredly answered yes. It was so great to be a part of their day and there was a moment where I couldn't control my emotions as I watched the two of them look at each other and sense the love and completion there are now feeling. She is beautiful. He is handsome. But it comes from more than just an outward glimpse of them. They radiate from the inside.
The reception turned out beautifully. The transformation of my inlaws back yard created Missy's childhood vision of her dream garden wedding. Even through the wind and the chilly August weather (I know--can you believe it?) everything was perfect. Congratulations again Missy and Jason. This is just the beginning. . .






Being goofy with our wrist corsages after a long day. Notice the time on the clock behind us--and our kids were still up, all the way up until the drive home!

5 comments:

Robert and Kristen said...

You are such a good writer. I couldn't have said it any better!

Melissa and Jason said...

Amen! He was definitely worth the wait, I'd do it all again just to have him.

Audrey said...

You have such a beautiful family. She picked cute colors. Sounds wonderful

Melinda said...

Yea, that means that Megan and I have something great in store and you Hillam's can now start concentrating your prayers on the the Brimhall girls. ; )

What a fabulous thing for both Melissa and Jason!!!

Ashcraft Family said...

I just love such a successful love story! How wonderful! That was a great writing piece!