Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

Well, it came. It went. And left us a truckload of candy I wish wasn't in my house right now. It was fun and here are some highlights:

The annual Hillam Halloween party was at the Crocketts this year and I must say I was thoroughly impressed by all the creative costumes the fam pulled off, wouldn't you have to agree?









I got this eyeball doughnut hole idea out of a Family Fun magazine this year. They looked a lot easier than they turned out to be, so we had to capture a picture to remember the frustration that went behind making them!


Grandma and Grandpa read some fun Halloween books to the kids, we made mummies, made bracelets, played pin the nose on the pumpkin and did a pinata. We had lots of yummy food and I'd say we all left happy and very full.




As usual, the kids had fun helping scrape out the pumpkins, prepping them for carving. Even though we do this every year, they all still get so totally grossed out at the feeling of goo that they have to scoop out. Colby refused to participate and frequently would run away saying, "It's biscussing!"





Every year Todd unleashes his creative abilities on our pumpkins for Halloween. I think he really enjoys it. He asks each of the kids what they want on the front and then carves it for them. He's getting better at it because this year he did them so quickly! Good job honey--they turned out great!

8 comments:

Melissa and Jason said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! Todd, if I tell you what I want next year will you carve it for me too?

David and Jana said...

I have to say how impressed I am with Todd's pumpkin carving abilities. Amazing!

Robert and Kristen said...

Your pumpkins turned out great! I hadn't seen them yet! I'm so glad you made it to the party and I hope that everyone had fun!

Adam and Jana said...

Man I would have to say that Todd is amazing with those pumpkins. They are awesome!

Missy said...

Wow! What fun festivities! Those pumpkins are awesome!

Audrey said...

Costumes and pumpkins are all great. What fun!

Catherine said...

You married that man for his pumpkin-carving abililities, didn't you?!

That's some serious talent.

LOVE the costumes. You ALL look awesome!

Ashcraft Family said...

Those are great pumpkins! Way to go Todd! So special to have family near and enjoy these kinds of moments!