Friday, May 14, 2010

My ever-growing Swiss Chard



So, I signed up some time ago to receive a weekly e-mail, updating me on what is going on week to week in my pregnancy for both me and Baby Bump. I received one today, marking my 37-week milestone, and here is what it said:

"Your baby is as lofty as a stalk of Swiss chard and weighs 6 1/3 pounds."

Seriously? Not sure I want to compare my little cherub to a "stalk of Swiss chard"! Honestly I didn't know what it was and had to look it up. Well, now I know. . . though I still don't think I quite agree with the comparison.

5 comments:

Melissa and Jason said...

That is funny...I would agree that it isn't the best comparison! I've never heard of swiss chard.

Helen Macfarlane said...

That's hilarious! LOFTY? and Lofty as SWISS CHARD? Where did that even come from? What a strange comparison. But, YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!

Kim M. said...

Seriously, could there be anything more random to use as a comparison? That is so strange! Love the BABY BUMP comment.

Ashcraft Family said...

Love the Swiss Chard and can I say it tastes great with vinegar? I've enjoyed your posts. Happy to hear that life is well. Number 5 and a girl? That's just beautiful!

Dainon. said...

Tasty!