Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Family Shoot

I don't want to step on any of my photography friends' toes (you know who you are), but I wanted to share a photo shoot with you that took place in December. My brother, Dainon, so graciously hired his Lehi local but also world-renowned friend, Jonathan Canlas, to take pictures of our family (something that has been long-overdue). When I say world-renowned it is true! He went to Australia in January to teach a workshop (costing somewhere in the $2000 range if you wanted to participate!).

Our family shoot was a lot of fun and the thing that makes this photographer different is that in this digital age, he uses only film. He took a few shots and called it good. I was utterly amazed at the results. He even used a Polaroid at one point, another thing that makes him unique. I also hear he doesn't Photoshop or edit his photos. I guess with this sort of talent, who needs it? It's all the angle, the lighting, the lens and the masterful had. Take a look. I'll let you be the judge.

Thanks again, Dainon--it is the gift that keeps on giving every time I see the pics! And thanks Jonathan for doing us the honors.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Wow. I'm just jealous I wasn't there to see him in action. That would've been a treat! All film...that's tough, especially with a family that size to have them all looking AND smiling! Great pictures! Now I'm a little nervous to do your sister's wedding...

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Yes, I agree with you; so much talent! No photoshop? Amazing! The way he blurs out and in is really incredible! I love the style of the pictures, just relaxed and shows the family relationships, really cool! I met a girl in our ward that is a sister of April your friend. Her name is Amy Francom (I think I spelled that wrong) but anyway she saw on facebook that I knew you and it's just such a smaill world! Enjoy! Em

tracie said...

Great pictures. He is amazing. And you look gorgeous as always.