Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday


Today I want chocolate.
Really bad.
But I can't.
I am in my 6th week of a 12-week challenge
where I do (or not do) 10 things each day.
My least favorite challenge?
No sweets.
The hardest one by far.
(Sigh)
But you know what I'm learning?
Discipline.
But it is getting easier.
And I feel better.
Great actually.
Discipline in so many other parts of my life.
Food
Exercise
Scripture Study
Journal writing
Money
I believe when I become the Master of Myself
in one area,
the others become easier.
Tough now, rewards later.
So no chocolate for me today.
Skinny tomorrow.

"Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." (Hebrews 12:11)

2 comments:

tracie said...

I have now gone a week with no sugar and it is making me grumpy. So that scripture is just what i needed to hear. Good for you, are you doing it with Rachelle?

David and Jana said...

Mel, you are so good!