Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Baby is One--How did that happen?

One year ago (May 29) I was doing this.
Yep, that's the nurse who delivered our little "Ty Breaker"!
As a mom to this little guy, it has been a great year.

But why not let Ty tell you how it has been for him?
Here is his year according to Ty:

This was a cold, tragic May day for me, but I adjusted well soon enough
as soon as I got my long, warm bath.
Ahhhhh. . . .


In June, I started to open my eyes to all the world around me.


On the Fourth of July, I had my blessing day.
I wasn't as pleasant as I normally am on that day for some reason.

Maybe it had something to do with the way they made me wear my hair?


In August, I went on my first camping trip
only to realize what a kooky family I am stuck with.


In September, I mostly focused on getting a fuzzy head and chunking up big time!


In October, someone stuck me in a pumpkin.


In November, I went to my first BYU game and became a true Cougar fan!


In December, I met some strange man in red, with white stuff on his face.
Later that same month, apparently he brought me lots of toys and stuff.
Haven't quite figured that one out yet.


In January I got really sick with RSV
and spent 6 days at Primary Children's Hospital
where lots of people took good care of me until I got better.


In February, after I got better, I took an outing
where my big brother taught me how to bowl!


In March I started getting around a LOT faster
and learned that getting into trouble is so much fun!
I love how it makes my mom run over to me really fast
and how she makes funny sounds like UGH! RAAH! or "TY, NO!"
Yessir, I believe my trouble-making days have just begun.


In April, I taught my younger cousin, McKinley,
how to roll Easter eggs down a huge hill!

She thought I was weird.


Today, Mom and Dad made me a monkey cake, since I am their little monkey
and they gave me my very own piece!


So guess what I did with it?



Happy Birthday Baby Ty!
We are sure glad you chose us . . .

5 comments:

Melissa and Jason said...

Looks like he made good use of that cake. So sad we missed it. Happy Birthday Ty!

David and Jana said...

Happy Birthday to our cute little TY! Sorry we weren't there to celebrate it with him.

Robert and Kristen said...

Can't believe he is already one year old! Happy Birthday Baby Ty!

tracie said...

Oh my goodness. I love the cake shot. What a mess. But a fun mess.

Heather said...

Such a cute boy! He's gotten so big since we last saw him. Looks like he loves his family too. ;-)