Monday, October 3, 2011

This is what our Conference weekend looks like






I love General Conference. It is like a warm, safe blanket for me. It always ends far too quickly and I leave feeling full, yet still wanting more. One word: powerful. It just was. Through inspiring words from the church leaders, I'm realizing now more than ever the weighty responsibility that is on my shoulders (and Todd's) to raise our kids to have their own testimonies of our Savior. Not to rely on ours, but even at their young ages, to stand firm with their own. In our world of technology and change, they have to! What is so surprisingly beautiful to me is to already see their seeds of faith. Andrew has been so excited for conference this entire week. He kept counting down the days. The kids love it partly because of the huge brunch we have, and we can stay in our pjs until noon, but Andrew also drew a picture early on in the week about it. So many great and exciting things happening in the church and I'm anxious to see how it affects missionary work.


We not only have a spiritual feast, but a temporal feast as well. Here was our menu for Sunday morning brunch:

Hearty Egg Casserole
Breakfast Banana Splits
Cottage Cheese Muffins
Three Berry Kuchen w/ whip cream
Apple Juice
Milk

It was all yummy!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

ok..so all I did was makje the breakfast casserole..you put us all to shame!! ha ha . I lvoe Conference too..such a great weekend..love going to Church in my pajamas!!!