Monday, December 29, 2008

About dang time for a new post!

Well, here are a few highlights from our life over the past month:

Decorating the tree













Done! Tada!



















Making a gingerbread house







Miss Independent decided she didn't want Mom (or anyone else) to pull her loose tooth. I couldn't believe it when she came crying to me (she was scared of the blood) and had successfully pulled her very first tooth by herself!!!!



Sunday outfits before Christmas













On Christmas Eve, we stopped to visit my beautiful Grandma and she showered us with gifts as she so often does during Christmas. Even after 3 days of chemo treatment, she had homemade fudge and candy waiting for us. We love you Grandma!

Christmas Eve PJs. This year, my Aunt Alison surprised Andrew with his personalized stocking! What a treat! It has been tradition in our family to have hand-knitted stockings with our names, something my Grandmother did for everyone when she was alive. I have wanted to learn how so I could do it for my family, but my sweet Aunt Alison has done one nearly every year for us (and my sister's kids!). I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken her! I still would like to learn, but Andrew was the last one that our family needed (unless we have more children). He was SO HAPPY because this year he had noticed that his was the only one different. Thank you, thank you, thank you Aunt Alison!





Whew, that's a lot of photos to take in. I'm sure there will be more to follow, since these didn't even include our Christmas pics! Just wanted to update in sections as it has been too long since my last post.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I am glad to see someone else other than my own family with those hand knit stockings! My aunt Ann made them for us when we were growing up, and has made them for all of our kids! I love them! They can hold so many things..the stretching never ends! We need to get together again..what does your January look like?

Ashcraft Family said...

What beautiful times and beautiful kids. I'm happy to hear you had such a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!