Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's Mom Good For?



This morning I took the girls to their weekly violin lesson. As each girl takes their turn, the other busies themselves with drawing, coloring, reading, etc. My little Alli lately has been LOVING writing letters and drawing pictures, most often for Mom and Dad. During Kendra's lesson, I could tell from a distance that Alli was working on another such project. Here is her letter, word-for-word, from this morning:

"I love you Mom & Dad & Colby. I love you so so so so so so so so so so much. Family I love you the most Mom & Dad & Colby because . . . he is so chubey Colby. Why do you think I love Dad because. . . he is sent to take care of me. I love Mom because. . . she is sent to have sum babys & sum kids." (followed by a cute drawing of Mom, Dad, Alli and Colby).

So, really, is that all Mom is good for? Dad gets to be the caretaker, but I just get to provide the children? Is that how it works? Does she somehow miss what goes on all day everyday, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cooking, etc. ALL while Dad is away to work? Hmmmm, yeah I have a beef with this one.

Note: Lest you think me ungrateful and downright mean, I hugged little Alli, thanked her, read it and got a great chuckle from it all! The words really are sweet. . .

3 comments:

Dainon. said...

I think she left out the part about you being barefoot in the kitchen, the place you can never leave. Awesome. From the mouth 'o babes, indeed!

JoEllen said...

Honestly, I think nobody truly knows what else moms are good for until they leave home... or become one.
Thanks for your example of being such a great mom.

Robert and Kristen said...

I love Alli's letters, you really will cherish those someday! I feel the same with my kids, I take care of them all day but as soon as Dad is around, forget about Mom!