Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dream

A few weekends ago, my kids participated in a performance for The Dance Conservatory, their dance studio. It was SO fun because not only did my girls perform, but Andrew started out the show! The performance came from a book called "Dream", a beautiful, poetic story about one man's colorful journey through life. If anyone has a chance to read this "kids" book (though I think I appreciated the book more than my kids did) please take time to read it. It touched me.

I was so proud of Andrew for not being scared and for doing his part in front of a big audience 4 different times! The girls dance beautifully and I'm excited to see where their dance will take them. They both love to dance so much and aspire to get on point shoes someday. Kendra is in mini-company and dances 4 hours a week. We also added her to a modern class this year, which she LOVES! Alli is in a combo jazz/ballet class. The costumes were so much fun and they both love to perform. Thanks to all who came to watch them. Here are some photos for those who missed it.

5 comments:

lramey said...

how cute! hi- it's lisa...i just found your blog and you're hilarious. love it!

David and Jana said...

Your kids did such a great job. I am so glad that we were able to attend and see them perform!

nic said...

Loved it! Those were great pics too.
I really liked the theme. Tell your kids thanks again for a great night!

Dawn Harvey said...

I've thought so much about that performance. It was so unique. I'm so glad that your children could be a part of it. Thanks for letting us share in your family exhibitions! LOVE IT! It really was an amazing show. They did such a good job. Kendra just stayed in character so well and Alli was the cutest astronaut in the universe. Andrew melted everyone's heart!

JoEllen said...

What beautiful children!!!
Happy Birthday Mel, was it a good one? I have something to send you but I DON'T HAVE YOUR ADDRESS. I tried to ask for it on your Facebook wall back in Dec for a Christmas card but never heard back....?