Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Your Sign?



Do you ever wonder what law governs the voo-doo magic of horoscopes? I don't follow mine regularly, and usually roll my eyes at the whole idea, yet every now and again I'll stumble across my horoscope and it always leaves me scratching my head wondering how it is all done. Is it astrology? black magic? or just some really good guesses?

I'm an Aquarius, but only just barely. I share this blessed sign with big names like Jennifer Anniston, Justin Timberlake, John Travolta, Christina Ricci and Ellen DeGeneres. Though at times I might wish to shake my hips like John, sing like Justin, have hair like Jen and well, be as witty as Ellen, I suppose we all share the cosmic fates of personality, right? I may not know them each personally, but I wonder if the article I found today fits them as well as me.

Ok, so there are some things I might disagree with, but very few. I may not be "highly intellectual", wear flashy clothing and I don't always, as they say, maintain a "healthy balance between having the things that they need and putting money away". I also can't quite agree about the turquoise color of choice or the (ahem) ankle thingy. As my birthday is only a few days away, why not click here and those who really know me, just try and debunk it. And when you're done with that, what's your theory? How DO they do it?

3 comments:

Dawn Harvey said...

Ok Birthday Girl!! This whole sign thing was really interesting to read. I think in a couple of things it nailed you right on, but it's so darn general...."there's two personality types one is blah blah and the other is blah blah" (which encompasses everything that one wasn't). I think that for a person so unique and IRREPLACEABLE as you are, generalizations are way too far from the mark, almost insulting, as it were. This is your sign:
People named Melody born on the 23rd of Jan. 1977 tend to be fiercely loyal. Once you are her friend, you are her friend forever. And she will stick by you even if you're a total JERK.
-She is a caring, loving, WONDERFUL mother. Never feeling quite good enough, but always trying her best. Her children love and admire her and will call her blessed all of their lives.
-She has a style of her own (LOVES Aeropostale). Loves to be casual, but dressing up is always super fun. Would love to spend tons of money on clothes, but can't bring herself to waste it. She'd rather go on vacations with her family!
-She loves to keep her body strong and healthy. She feels best when she's had lots of sleep (more than 2 hours would suffice) and has worked herself nice and sweaty. She's a little competitive, but NEVER to a point to alienate anyone. Hence the desire to "race" but never to "beat" anyone but herself.
-She has influenced many lives for the better. Her loving friendship has literally saved shattered hearts and healed broken souls. This woman is timeless. Her influence will continue throughout all generations. Those lucky enough to know her, will never be the same. Those blessed enough to be loved by her will always have a heart full of love ready to do anything for them.
Love you MEL!

Jaymesmom said...

I think they are good guesses. I also believe that you can trick your mind. For example, you read that a tall, dark, handsome man will come into your life. If you chose to believe that it is true then you spend the next day or two or a week looking for that man. Whether it is a romantic relationship or the bagger at the grocery store when you find that man, you are so excited that your horoscope came true!

Mel said...

Wow, Dawn, that's quite the tribute--only from you my dear! Thank you bundles, oodles and fitti forever! I love you too. You're time will come. . . .