Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 3 -- Hollywood Studios

UP FRONT: I apologize to all of you who have to endure these entries day by day. Feel free not to read--it's just my way of keeping record what we did, my journal entries if you will.

Day 3, a very cold Wednesday, was when we entertained ourselves at Hollywood Studios. Magic Kingdom was classically my favorite park as a child, but I think as an adult, Hollywood (aka MGM) Studios is my top runner. What a blast we had here! Here is a brief list of things we got to see here:
- High School Musical 3 show (I decided after watching this that I want to move to Florida and be a dancer in this show--they were SO GOOD! and full of energy! I could pass for a high-schooler, right?)
- Went to a fun Indiana Jones Stunt show - Went to an extreme car stunt show that was out of this world! Truly amazing what some of those drivers can do. Just watch the clip below and tell me if it doesn't get your testosterone pumping (yes, even the women of the world!).


- Playhouse Disney--Live on Stage--I think Andrew really enjoyed this one. - We got to meet Prince Caspian (you're jealous, right?) and see a brief Narnia show that was not-so-worth the short line we stood in.
- Saw a fun Muppets 3D show--you've got to love the Swedish Chef! - Went on a few fun rides like Star Tours, Tower of Terror (I prefer this one to the Disneyland version by far), the Great Movie Ride and, my personal favorite roller-coaster in the entire world, Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller Coaster (I had to come back during the week and ride this another 3 times! so fun!)
- I was slightly disappointed that the new American Idol experience wasn't open until after we left, but it looks so much like the real thing and I'm sure will be a fun thing to have there.
- I have to thank my friend, Mandy, for tipping me off to a very fun place to eat for lunch. It was called "Sci-Fi Diner" and you actually feel like you are at an outdoor drive-in theater in CA somewhere. We actually ate in cars while we watched some hilarious clips from old sci-fi movies and/or Tom and Jerry cartoons. We all really enjoyed it and the service was great. Note: if you do this, call weeks before you go and make a reservation. All menus and prices for all the Disney parks can be seen at http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

2 comments:

Ashcraft Family said...

That is one incredible trip! I can't believe how cheap it was! I'll have to keep on lookouts for those kinds of deals. We have yet to even hit Disneyland and I have family there.

Breanne said...

Where are Speeder Bikes from Star Wars located????? That is awesome!! Pat would be in heaven!