Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 6 -- Our Padowan

I've been under-the-weather lately so I've been slacking on getting up the last two days. We spent the last few days going back to the parks and fitting in some things we didn't get to do previously.

On day 6 we went back to Animal Kingdom for a few hours, saw a great Bug's Life show, went on the new and rather scary Dinosaur ride, met Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore and of course, had to ride Mt. Everest again! Yeah!

Then it was off to Hollywood Studios, where we met up with the Caziers again. We saw the Block Party parade (wow, the energy!), Beauty and the Beast show, went on the new Toy Story ride (not sure it was worth the 90 minute wait!) and of course had to ride my favorite Rock 'n Roller Coaster again a few times.



Okay, by FAR the highlight of our day was the Jedi training show. Andrew, a HUGE Star Wars fan, had seen this show a few days prior and kept saying, "Mom, I wanna be a Jedi!" How could I refuse? So we arrived at the show early enough to be in the front, held Andrew up high and used our own kind of "force" (prayers and finger-crossing) that he could be picked as one of the few among MANY who wanted their chance! As you can see, the Force was strong around him and he was picked! He was the smallest one up there and in the very front. He wouldn't smile, but took his task VERY seriously. The Jedi trainer cracked jokes about him and even put his hood on (he was the only one! boy did he look cute!). He even got to fight Darth Vader and use the Force on the Storm Troopers to keep them at bay. After he received his diploma and returned to us, he stood there, staring at his hands, in awe of this new power he had acquired. He looked at me, stunned, and said, "Magic Hands. . ." He has even used his Force on the automatic doors a the grocery store, over and over again. Oh, he cracks me up! He truly believes he's got the Jedi powers. He is our little Padowan.


We finished our day off at Downtown Disney, at a great little sandwich shop that I would recommend called Earl of Sandwich; affordable and delicious. Another great day of Disney in the bag!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Mel! Wow! I found you through Andrea's blog, who recently found me! Don't you love finding long lost friends that way?!

I love your Disney trip run-down, day by day. Awesome. Matt is DYING to get back to Disneyworld soon.

Then, I clicked on the links to your other 2 blogs. Whoa! You are amazing, woman! Very cool. I'll be checking both regularly.

I'm excited to "re-connect" with you and Andrea. Your family looks so cute, and happy, and I miss you! Wish we could live closer to one another.

Be sure to check us out and add us to your blog list.

Love,
Catherine (Miner) Craner

nic said...

Andrew was so awesome! Curtis and I got a good laugh tonight. We love that kid.

Melinda said...

My nephews loved the Jedi training too. What a fun vacation for you guys. And nice to get out of the snow!