Saturday, March 7, 2009

Disney -- 7th and Final Day!

Okay, are you as relieved to have come to the end of our trip as I am? Sorry I'm such a slacker.

Day 7 was Sunday, so we kept it low-key. We visited the Orlando temple. It was as beautiful as every other temple and we had a great time taking lots of photos. The kids were able to run around in the open spaces and we enjoyed the down-time.

Then we headed to the Magic Kingdom where we stood in the princess and pixie lines that we didn't want to wait in earlier in the week. We didn't do any rides, but just took it easy and met lots more characters. Quite frankly, the kids didn't even want to go on any more rides! We watched the parade and finally saw Donald Duck and Goofy (even though they were on a float).

Then we went to Downtown Disney, where we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe (highly overrated, over-priced, poor service and food, but the ambiance was fun for the kids). Then we spent time walking around to the many different shops over-stimulating our poor kids' brains as much as we could!

We got home too late to swim, but the water was finally warm, so we did anyway! It was the first time the water was warm enough all week. Todd took the 3 kids--I started packing. It was a great day to end such a wonderful vacation.

The kids loved the plane ride home as much as the way over. This trip was a first for them to fly anywhere and I think being on an airplane was a highlight for them.



Many people have asked me what MY favorite part of our trip was. After much thought I must say that it was quite simply the togetherness that I felt with my family. I bonded with my kids and everyone, for the most part, was happy. Experiencing this together definitely brought us closer as a family and I understand more deeply the importance of creating lasting memories with my kids. I know this will remain a priority of mine, just as it was for my parents, and I will continue to get away with my family as often as we are able. We only have the rest of eternity with one another--might as well start now, right? Thanks family--I had a great time. . .

0 comments: