Sunday, March 22, 2009

Far too much fun for one weekend!

Okay, so a few weekends back, all the boys needed a haircut, Todd in particular. He had grown out his luscious curls to the longest I had ever seen in our going-on 11 years. When pulled straight, his hair was a good 3-4 inches all the way around. This makes for some major poof, particularly around the back, with or without gel! SO, it was time. I hadn't realized how long it had gotten and it was hard for me to cut them off, but prior to cutting, I decided to have a little bit of fun with his hair. It made for a LOT of laughter and far too much fun--yes, folks, this is what we do for fun in our house on the weekend late at night! See for yourself:

This is the poofant when it was combed out. Ah, c'mon, honey, gimme a real smile!


Then I decided to give him his very first comb-over and it actually was long enough to stay put, if even for a few second. What do you think? Does it suit him? Oh, I giggle just looking at it!


I thought, "Hey, this is long enough for ponytails!" So I did it! And what a great sport Todd was for it! What was great was that his hair curled right over into little palm trees all over his head just perfectly!




And THEN I took the ponies out and they stayed in little palms!


What a good sport I have for a husband! Thanks, honey, for letting have my fun and laugh at your expense!!! Thanks, too, for letting me post these blackmail photos!!!! I love you forever--you and all your lovely curls!

9 comments:

Dainon. said...

Shirley Temple ain't got nothing on your husband. Nothing.

David and Jana said...

Hilarious! Mel, all I know is he loves you to let you do that to his hair...you gotta love curly hair!

Robert and Kristen said...

You've inspired Robert to scan in old photos of his hair and post them on our blog...stay tuned!

JoEllen said...

Awesome. Good sport, Todd! Those little hair fountains look just like Felicity's and Katrina's did when they were babies. Only they didn't have them all over their heads.

Breanne said...

Todd is such a good sport!! I loved the pony tails!!

Melinda said...

Oh. My. Wow. That is actually kind of scary. The curls unleashed have a form of their own. What would a girl with straight hair like me ever know about that? Nothin.

Matt said...

Melody that was hilarious! Thanks for all the laughs. Matt would've let me have all that fun of messing with his hair too, but would NOT have let me post them on my blog. (he's given our blog address out to too many co-workers of his . . . )

Todd -- you're totally awesome. I love the palm tree ponies - with and without the elastics. Priceless.

Catherine said...

Sorry, Mel. I just realized that the comment I made a minute ago was posted under Matt's blogger ID. But it was really from me, Catherine.
toodles!

Amberlynn said...

What a fro!! The comb over pic is great! What a sweet hubby to let you have your fun. :) Love you cuz!