Monday, June 8, 2009

St. George

We just got back from a fun, definitely-not-long-enough 4-day trip to St. George with our dear friends, the Harveys. We also took a little friend, Aubrey, for Kendra to chum with. I thought I'd put up a few pictures of our adventures there together.

Thursday we got to our condo (btw, if anyone needs a place to stay there, I highly recommend this place--it is new, large-enough for 2 families and my favorite, very clean! And fyi, the price is negotiable as I was able to get a much better deal than is posted here.) Then we let the kids swim in the pool they had there. June must be a good time to go because we saw very few people around our condo. Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

Friday we played in the sand dunes in Snow Canyon, though it may not have been the best day for it as it was extremely windy! We had sand in our ears, nose, mouth and many other unmentionables. The kids didn't seem to mind.


Jay got all the kids involved in trying to find a sand monster. I think they all really believed they were going to catch one. Way to go Jay!


Afterward, we headed over to the Washington community pool, because of the graces of Dawn's grandpa. The sweet man insisted on paying for our entire crew! Thanks again Grandpa Cowser--you are truly giving. It was nice because it was covered and with the wind and temperature being a bit cooler, it was appreciated this day.


The off-times were spent doing this. I think I like Rock Band--it was a riot!


This is Tristen jammin' to Bon Jovi or something.


Saturday was spent at Zions and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. What a beautiful world our Master has created for all of us to enjoy. Enjoy we did. . .








The kids capped off the day with yet another dip in the pool, whilst Dawn and myself ran through the outlet stores.



Sunday we packed up, went to church and walked around the temple awhile. After a brief lunch at the park we were headed home. Like I said, the trip was too brief, but a perfect way to start the summer months! Thanks Harveys! We had a ball!


2 comments:

David and Jana said...

I am glad you had a great time in St. George. I want to go so bad...maybe I will have to check out this condo!

Anonymous said...

We love st.george. We also have a condo and try to go often. Tracie Ruffner, no this isn't Alex. Not sure how to fix it so it sayes Tracie.