Thursday, April 1, 2010

One reason NOT to play basketball

March Madness is behind us, and Todd has been able to show his awesome b-ball talent through church ball and a little pick-up game at work, but we are still suffering from the latter here. By "we" I mean Todd, because of this

and ME because he can no longer drive, get around as easily, and oh, did I mention we were supposed to be putting in a fence the very weekend he sprained his poor ankle? (Still trying to keep bitterness at bay.) I keep telling him there are easier ways to get out of things than to hobble around in a boot for a month! Luckily he didn't need surgery, though it was a very close call. His leg continues to look worse everyday, but his mobility improves. Poor Todd. To his credit, he is still trying to help out a lot at home--he even did the dishes for me last night! Thanks to Curtis for driving him everyday to work. Don't think I could keep that bitterness at bay if I had to drive him to SLC everyday.

7 comments:

aisy said...

Ouch. That makes me a little queasy to look at.

Ashley Marie said...

Oh that picture is gnarly! I am so sorry mom told me about his ankle yesterday, i wish there was something I could do to help...this is when it would be nice to be Harry Potter so you could just say Reparo :) I'm excited to see you guys this weekend!

tracie said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Let me know if I can do anything.

Helen Macfarlane said...

When did this happen? That looks terrible!

Help is just around the corner . . .

Missy said...

Oh man! Haven't we had enough injuries around here from church ball?

Amber Bonner said...

Poor Todd! I hope he gets better soon!

Shawn said...

Ew, ew, ew! That looks so nasty! I hope he heals quickly. It's not the same when a dad is out of commision. You are a trooper!