Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seriouisly Putting it ALL out there!

Okay, so I've got no pride--let's just start with that. For those of you who don't know, I was in last Sunday's newspaper. It has to do with Imagine a Happier You (check the small icon on my blog right there). I applied for a financial makeover and after over 600 applicants, I am one of 3 finalists! Thoroughly shocked. I've interviewed with KSL's Amanda Dickson and the Deseret News and a financial consultant already. Now you come in. It is up to the public to vote through this week. If I am being honest, I'm not sure how I feel about winning. Scary in a way. Winning would mean putting all our finances out there for the world to see (again, pride completely stripped), in hopes to help others who struggle as we do. I would have to blog weekly about my progress. Okay, so there's an upside too--helping not only my family (fingers crossed) but others as aforementioned and hopefully the peace that comes from not having to worry about how to pay for the kids school clothes or even if we can afford to get milk that week. That makes it all worth it--especially when I look at my 5 kids and desire for a better life for them. So, if you want to read the bios and/or vote, clickety here. Oh, and thanks!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I voted for you!

slopfam said...

How often can I vote? Just once or more?

Lee S. said...

Done! Hope you make it :) I could use the financial advice as well.

Audrey said...

I voted for you. So, if you end up winning, you can pay me 10%. You're welcome.

Haley said...

Voted for you Mel. You'll have to hook me up with some good tips when you WIN!

Rachel said...

I voted for you! You totally deserve to win, I totally understand those financial struggles. It is really tough right now.

Becky said...

I voted for you too! Hope all this support helps you win! You will definitely have to pass on the words of wisdom you learn when you win.