Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Reflection

There are so many days when I mess up. Kids get crazy or doing something naughty and I find myself getting so impatient and frustrated. Then I beat myself up about it. I feel awful. I came across a scripture several years ago that made a lasting impression on me. It reminds me to be better.

"Be patient in afflictions,
revile not against those that revile.
Govern your house in meekness,
and be steadfast."
(Doctrine and Covenants 31:9)

It was the "govern your house in meekness" that seemed to stick with me. I strive for that everyday. Yes, admittedly, some days I fail. But I guess meekness is a trait I am trying to cultivate. I think I need to post this scripture on my bathroom mirror so as to be reminded. What is meekness?

meek

–adjective, -er, -est.
1. humbly patient or docile, as under provocation from others.
2. overly submissive or compliant; spiritless; tame.
3. Obsolete . gentle; kind.

I think I need also to be more "steadfast" in my quest for meekness. How about starting fresh with this new week? I think I can do it.

1 comments:

tracie said...

And again something I needed. Especially because I just yelled at my kids. Trying to be more meek.