Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Want a rundown, photo style, of our crazy holiday?
Here goes:
The kids love carving pumpkins.
Correction: they love taking the stuff out
and having Daddy carve them.

Step 1: Take out the slimy guts.

We got a little bit carried away with our little guy and the pumpkins.
He didn't love it so much, but it sure makes for a cute picture!
Every year, I think there is no way Todd will top the pumpkins of last year.
And every year he proves me wrong.
Step 2: Pick out a picture you want, have Dad convert it and then carve it.
This year he did one per night.

Our oldest wanted ballet shoes. Here's what he came up with:
This would have to be my favorite!
Who is ready to place their orders for next year?

Once again, this year made for a great annual Hillam Halloween party.
Everyone was festive, the chili was divine and Missy, as usual, came prepared to wow the kids with games!
Thanks guys!

What's that you say?
You want close-ups?
I aim to please.

The gypsy.
The Jester.
Boba Fett.

Jango Fett.
Our Little Lion. (I still need to get a better picture of him--he was so cute!)
Oh, and let's not forget the psycho punk rockers, or "nutcrackers" as our 3 year old calls it.
This is so opposite of what Todd is--he was a bishop, remember!
As he took the kids out last night to trick or treat, there were people who were genuinely frightened for their kids! We had fun, though. Perhaps we missed our calling in life--we could have made some sweet rockers.

What a punk. . .
Hope you had a great Halloween!

10 comments:

David and Jana said...

I still can't get over Todd's amazing pumpkins. I also can't get over how great you all looked in your costumes. Todd was classic!

Denise said...

Whoa, Todd is an artist! I had no idea! Those pumpkins are amazing. And yeah, I'd probably cross the street if I saw psycho rocker guy coming my way, lol!

Shawn said...

I love that you ALL dress up! The pumpkins are stinkin' incredible! I can see why he only does one a night!

Missy said...

Oh my gosh! You all look amazing! when I saw Todd with the kids I about died! Great costumes!
And Todd is a great artist with the pumpkins. Amazing!

Ally said...

So I have to tell you that I had a hard time looking at Todd at church yesterday without thinking punk rock. It may be what is stamped in my head forever. Glad you posted your costume too because you look pretty rockin!

Ally said...

I have to admit that I had a hard time looking at Todd at church without thinking punk rocker. Glad you posted your costume as well because you also looked Rockin!

Helen Macfarlane said...

That last picture of Todd . . . he has missed his calling in life. Forget the family man/scientist act. Pumpkin carving, guitar thrashing partying rocker dude all the way baby!

Ashley Marie said...

Oh My Word. I am so sad I missed seeing you guys at the party!!!! You guys all looked sooooo good! I love your little family so much!

slopfam said...

What great costumes. We have decided to dress up next year...never have in our marriage, but it's starting to look like fun! Loved the pumpkins. My hubby studied and studied those things...wondering how Todd did it. They were amazing!

The Headrick Family said...

Your costumes turned out fantastic! And I can't believe the pumpkins so good.