Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Little Bug's B-day

Being the middle child, it seems like you always get the short end of the stick. Believe me, I am one. Because of this, I vowed to not dish out that short end to my kids. But I failed. Here I am two weeks later, posting about my little girl's birthday party. Bad Mom. Not only that, but we forgot our camera at home in another car, so the pictures she will have for posterity are from Todd's phone! It was her 8th birthday, so an important one. Despite all of this, she had a great day and is still celebrating.

Per tradition (from Todd's family), the 8th birthday is celebrated at the Lion House.

The Lion House really knows how to put on a great party!
The kids toured the house, learned about Brigham Young and his family and saw some of his collections--did you know he collected seashells? They even played pioneer games, had a taffy pull and ate sandwiches, veggies and homemade lemonade.

Grandma works downtown and stopped by for a surprise visit!
They made her a large cake, with a hidden gumball inside. Alli chose chocolate. Yum. The kids had cake and ice cream. Alli had to guess the disguised voice of the gift-giver behind her. Wasn't as easy as it looks!
They let her choose a porcelin doll to take home. She also got to take a crown and everyone got to take a goody bag home. Now she is counting down the hours until she is baptized. She is really looking forward to it.
Happy Birthday Little Bug!

3 comments:

Helen Macfarlane said...

She's so beautiful! And those pictures aren't bad for a phone. Looks like the whole thing was delightful!

Robert and Kristen said...

Oh, the memories! Looks like she had a fun birthday party. I can't believe how old she is, she gets more beautiful everyday!

David and Jana said...

So fun. I remember when I had my b-day party there. Happy Birthday little Alli!