Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Rewind


I marvel at this picture because it could very well be my family on a 2009 Spring afternoon (in more updated clothing of course). My parents must have been about the age that Todd and I are now and we kids look to be about my kids' age. Full of awe and retrospect, I wonder on this cycle that laws of time insist on pushing ever-faster, as if there were some race to be won. As I watch my children grow, I wish I could slow the train; not brake completely, but apply enough to bask in the temporary moments a bit longer. Full of trials, triumphs and yes tranquility, this life is truly extraordinary, isn't it?

3 comments:

David and Jana said...

Amen to all of that! I don't want this fun time in our lives to go soooo fast...

Missy said...

Wow! It does look like your family! What a trip!

Curtis J. Morley said...

Ditto.