Sunday, May 31, 2009

What we've been up to

Wow, May has sure been a busy month for us! Here are a few things we've been up to:

We celebrated my mother-in-law's 60th birthday. There are always lots of helpers to blow out candles at any given birthday celebration! Happy Birthday Mom! Thanks for always being such an amazing example of Christ-like service to everyone.


Kendra and Alli had their semi-annual dance performance for The Dance Conservatory, this time performing in "Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters", an African story. I loved it! The music, the dancing, the drum beats--the girls did just beautifully.




And, once again, I wrapped and sold flowers at all four performances. Todd insisted on documenting it.


Memorial Day traditionally brings visits to the many Grandparents' graves.
On Sunday we headed out. First stop was to Grandma and Grandpa Hillam (Todd's Dad's parents) in Salt Lake:


Grandmother and Granddad Affeltranger (my Mom's parents) in south Salt Lake:


We picked up Grandma Moody and visited my Grandpa's (my Dad's Dad) grave at Camp Williams in Lehi. Though she wasn't able to walk down the hill and watched us from the car, it was nice to have her there. We got poured on just as we arrived, so only me and Todd braved the weather!


Then it was on to Provo where Grandpa Startup (Todd's Mom's father) was laid to rest last year. Though there is still no headstone, it was nice to be there as a family and remember this great man.


And at the end of the day, and the end of this busy month, I think this is how we all felt.

1 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! Now I can see what you've been up to. I remember visiting graves on Memorial Day as well when I was growing up. Now, there are no family members anywhere near we live, so my kids don't get to have that same experience--kind of sad.