Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

It has been a rough week around here.
To say that I am sleep-deprived. . . .
well, it just doesn't quite cut it.

Last week, Todd was here:

And I was a single Mom.
Kudos to all those women who do it, or have done it.
I thought Motherhood was tough, but doing it alone?
That's a different game.
Luckily my man made up for it with Belgian chocolate
and a deliciously fragrant mango bar of soap,
and some goodies for the kids, of course.

So, while he was doing this,
and peeing, I mean, seeing stuff like this
I was waking up several times a night.
In fact, it got so ridiculous one night, that I decided to write it down--so I can laugh about it later.
Maybe.

This was my Saturday night. I had gone to bed with a migraine, had taken medication, so wasn't sleeping well anyway. Needless to say, I was a zombie at church. No wonder so many people asked if I was tired (plus the fact that I spaced putting on my mascara that day! Yikes!)

12:30 - I turned my lights out and laid back on my pillow.
12:40 - Ty cries. I get up to feed him.
1:00 - Colby comes into my bed with a "I don't want to sleep in my bed."
1:30 - I can't sleep when kids are kicking me, so I take Colby back to bed.
1:40 - Ty cries again. I go in to rock him back to sleep.
2:00 - Kendra comes in, tells me she has just thrown up, crawls into bed with me.
2:45 - Ty cries. I go in rock him. Doesn't work. I end up feeding him again.
3:30 - Andrew crawls into bed with me, shaking, says he had a bad dream. Cuddle him to sleep.
4:00 - Ty cries. I ignore him until he stops.
4:30 - Too many kids in my bed. I can't sleep. I carry Andrew back to bed.
5:30 - Colby comes in and wants to sleep by me. I take him back to bed.
6:30 - I finally doze off for the "night".
8:30 - Colby comes in and wants me to make him breakfast.

Then Todd came home.
Kids have had us up every night since,
fevering, vomiting, coughing.
My sickies needed us.

This is Parenthood.
And, believe it or not, I'm okay with it.
Because I know it won't last forever.
I love my babies.

6 comments:

tracie said...

I AM SO SORRY!!!! You should of yelled over at me. The waffles and the little peeing guy kind of makes me homesick. I Love Belgium. Hope you guys get feeling better soon.

Robert and Kristen said...

I am so sorry that you have had so much sickness at your house this week! Hopefully everyone will be better for Thanksgiving!

Audrey said...

Way to keep your chin up. That is a TERRIBLE night. But, they won't be little forever.

Amberlynn said...

Wow! What a night. I'm sorry to hear your family is sick. If it makes you feel any better, we are dealing with the same thing here in warm Yuma, AZ. Go figure. Judd and I had quite the Veteran's Day weekend with everyone sick; except me. What a blessing. Our poor girls kept throwing up everywhere, diarrhea and fever. And we are only a family of four. I LOVE your beautiful family pictures. You made the photographer's job easy with such a good lookin' family. Love you!

CAMERAHAPPY said...

Sounds like a heck of a night! I'm way jealous of Todd and his fun trip! I loved your family pictures, they are really cute, it makes it nice to take pictures when the families are as adorable as yours! It is easy to snap pictures! You make her look good! Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling much better!

Melissa and Jason said...

You're amazing! So sorry you had such a rough week.