Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turnback Tuesday

Today's is dedicated to two of my dearest friends ever.
Because, weirdly, it is their birthdays today.
Yes, both of them.
We have been friends since high school.
And now our kids are friends.
And so the cycle continues.

April and I became good friends after working together on student government at OHS.
(We would be the goofy gals on the ground.)
You always seem to know how to make me laugh.
Dawn and I became friends in high school aerobics class.
Then we roomed at Ricks College.
And I still see her several times a week.
Finding good friends like these is such a rare thing.
I am so blessed to have friends in my life.
That make me laugh,
Listen to my emotionality,
but love me all the same.

Happy Birthday you two.
Lunch today was too short.
But splendid.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I just met Dawn last week. Turns out she's Cambree and Brinley's dance teacher. So fun you get to stay in touch with them.

Amy said...

I don't think I knew you went to Rick or if I did, I forgot. The Ricks picture looks all too familiar. Which dorm?

Mel said...

Amy-Dorm 4, if my memory serves me correctly, which isn't too reliable these days! What years were you there? And which dorm?

Dawn Harvey said...

Thank you, Mel. I love you too! I'm so grateful for your friendship and patience and forgiveness for all the teasing and just EVERYTHING. Thanks for making this day so great. I loved spending time with you!