Sunday, October 26, 2008

Alli's B-day

Alli had a birthday last week--she's 6! The excitement leading up to her birthday was unmatched by any other birthday of any of my other kids. I'll let the photos do most of the explaining, but she had a great day.




Alli is funny. She is my child who says her legs hurt too much to walk three houses down the street, yet her favorite thing in the world to do is rock climb! So when I found a party at the Lehi Rec Center that included a rock wall that was affordable, I booked it. She and 12 other kids had a blast--I thought an hour climbing would be sufficient, but they proved me otherwise. Three, four, even five climbs up the wall for some of these kids wasn't enough. Sheesh, talk about muscle! Thanks to everyone who came and made her day special--she really had a great time. Note: I did decide, however, after this party that we will keep parties to the even years only, meaning a party every other year. It's too hard to keep doing these kinds of parties!





Alli is such a sweet girl and I'm so glad her spirit chose to come to our family 6 years ago. Each child of mine is so different, yet adds so much to our little family and I can't imagine ours without her. Love you, girly.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

she is so cute... I love your kids! I think she looks so grown up and mature...what a fun party idea! Nice mommy!

Unknown said...

Hi, found your blog through Dainon's. Every once in a while I click through to check out other commenters blogs. Just wanted to say "hi". CUTE little girl!

Amberlynn said...

Happy Birthday Alli! Such a beauty! Looks like a fun party Mel! Love you!

Melinda said...

Wow. No way she is 6! I miss so much being out of state!

Robert and Kristen said...

Looks like another amazing cake! Great job. I forgot to ask how the birthday party went, looks like it was a lot of fun! We love our Alli!

Nelson Fam said...

I can't believe she is six! I didn't realize that she is only one year younger than Josh. What a fun party idea. It looks like a good time was had by all! Happy Birthday Alli!