Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family and Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. The painted mountains, the scent of crisping vegetation, the breeze that carries a hint of chill and the sun that holds off that chill from reaching your bones. Refreshing.
I met my sisters and their families at South Fork in Provo Canyon on Sunday to take in the beauty of the earth. I forgot how much I really enjoy this spot. It's where I used to come to contemplate life, to pray, to focus and find peace. Todd and I had one of our first dates here with a group of friends, where there was singing, guitar-playing, campfire, marshmallows, chocolate, ahhhh. This mountain park was my literal "mountain of the Lord" pre-temple years. In fact, it was over 10 years ago that I knelt and prayed here to ask if I should marry Todd. I already knew and my Father confirmed it. Glad He approved. Now, seeing our children's faces, we realize we aren't the only ones who really enjoy this place. And there's nothing better than sharing in it with family.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE all the pictures. You got some really good ones.

Your kids are so beautiful. I see so much of you in their faces.

I can just smell and feel the day you had with family. NO wonder you love it, its gorgeous there.

Amberlynn said...

I love the fall too! Great pics! It looks like you all had a great time! Love ya!

Amberlynn said...

Hey Mel,
Does Nicole have a blog?

Melinda said...

I sooooo miss the autumn...not much of that here in AZ. Glad someone I love is enjoying it!

Ashcraft Family said...

What beautiful pictures of the outdoors and a beautiful set of kids! I have loved the change myself. Thanks for sharing!