Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've been Tagged!

Ok, so I am frequently sent tags, but I never do them, mainly because I'm just plain lazy and don't take the time. My friend, Jo, tagged me on her blog the other day, so I thought I'd take my turn at least once. Besides, all I have to do is list 7 random facts about myself. Here they are in no particular order:


1. I have many secretly desired occupations namely, a marine biologist, a geologist, a spinning instructor, and a dairy farmer (don't laugh). Why did I choose social work over any of these? Logic. I live no where near an ocean; what can you do with geology really?; the dairy farmer could come from my brother brain-washing me by calling me "Milk" all through childhood, but I think it is more likely the country child in me--doesn't it sound fun?; and the spinning instructor I still might just do one day.


2. Even though FiberOne granola bars are tasty and are only 2 points for Weight Watchers, they are DANGEROUS! I don't recommend you eating them if you intend on sleeping in the same bed with your spouse.


3. I have a few passions in my life, things that really get me excited down to my core: dancing--I love to do it, watch it, anything related to it. Another is babies--I love them all: kissing squishy cheeks, tiny toes, little fingers, cuddling, smelling them and watching them see and experience life for the first time. Also, I love to travel. Anywhere. Cultures and people fascinate me and I love to witness the diversity of people and the beauty of all this world has to offer through travel. Lastly, I love to exercise. There is nothing more therapeutic for me than to work up a good, stinky sweat.


4. I hate pickles. I always have. I have tried to like them, but it's just not happening. My brother even bought me a pickle-green T-shirt that says, "Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil." Very, very true.

5. Though I'm not very good at any one thing, I've recently discovered how much I enjoy using my hands to create. Cooking, sewing, writing, reading, making music, crafts, you name it. I thoroughly enjoy it.


6. Call me crazy but I prefer natural child birth. I've had two of each and my last delivery with Colby was my favorite. After his birth was when I started to suggest to every woman I know to use the birthing ball. It was heavenly. Not too crazy about epidurals (personal preference) but it might come from the same reasons that I hate laughing gas at the dentist's office. Simply put I can't stand being out of control of my own body. I can fully understand why a young Joseph Smith refused to be numbed by the bottle.


7. I've always had this strange obsession with the Incredible Hulk. When I was young I used to watch the series all the time. From what I thought was a fear of him (I used to have a recurring nightmare) grew into some sort of unexplained crush. When I was 7 or 8 my family went to Universal Studios and we got to meet a bulky Hulk actor. He rubbed off some of his green on my arm and I remember never wanting to wash my arm again. The recollection of all these feelings surfaced last weekend when Todd and I watched "The Hulk". After pondering a bit, I think I finally understand why. I have a bleeding heart, a deeply-rooted compassion for this man who struggled so much with this side of himself that he felt he couldn't control. Likewise, I think I have my own temper, or hulk, surfacing more often than I'd like, when I get upset with the kids or life in general. I guess I can truly relate to him. Maybe we all have our own inner hulk lurking in our darkest corners. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm altogether weird.

So there you have a few tidbits about myself that you perhaps didn't know before. I guess now I'm supposed to tag 7 people and tell them to copy and paste the graphic below and start over. Let's see. . .Nicole, Kilee, Ally, Nat, Emily, Melissa/Craig, and Shawn. Tag, you're it!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Mel- I prefer natural too. It is nice to hear someone sing the praises too. Everyone usually looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them. Love it.

Melinda said...

Wow, can't say if I prefer natural or not. Guessing I would prefer the drugs. ; )