Friday, July 16, 2010

Funny Friday



Story #1
So my 5-year old is OBSESSED with our new little baby and is constantly in his face, kissing him, holding his hands and pretty much all over him (yes, even when I'm trying to nurse! Annoying? Um, yeah). So of course he was there when the baby started to find his voice for the first time. He was looking at me, cooing and making those sweet noises that babies do when suddenly my 5-year old gasped, "Mom, what did he say?" totally convinced that he said something intelligent. He followed this with, "Mommy, do you speak baby?"

Story #2:
We have been trying extra hard in our family to work on making "good choices" so we've had several conversations over the past few days about good choices vs. bad choices. Hanging on the garage door as it goes up? Bad choice. Smacking sister in the face with the light-saber? Again, bad choice. Picking up after yourself after you are finished coloring? Good choice. Cleaning your room? Again, good choice. We were having lunch the other day when my same 5-year old jumped up from the table and started running away, distracted by something else. "Uh oh. . . ." I sang. He quickly responded by running back to his half-eaten lunch and said, " I am under YOUR command Mom."
Dang straight, my boy, dang straight!

3 comments:

tracie said...

I love it. I wondered where Nixon learned to hang on the garage door. ha ha. Just kidding.

CAMERAHAPPY said...

I love the good choices vs. bad choices conversation! They say the funniest things! He is so cute! Enjoy!

Mel said...

LOL Tracie, it's so funny you say that because he saw it for the first time from Nixon! Yours tried it at our house and it was all downhill from there! Maybe someone from their preschool. . . hmm?