Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Reflection

There is nothing that pierces me to my core as deeply as this song does. I don't know if there has ever been a time when I have heard it and not been moved to tears. It speaks to my soul. It nudges me continually down the path I should be on --closer to my Savior. Even when I am "prone to wander" I know where I SHOULD be and what I SHOULD be doing. Out of all the versions that have been done, I think this is my favorite. Powerfully moving. Not only to those hearing it, but those singing it (note the emotion of those singing it toward the end). Click play and just try and not be moved. I dare you. And loud. It will speak to you too, if you will allow it. Here are a few of my favorite lines:

I hope, by thy good pleasure
safely to arrive at Home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God.
He, to rescue me from danger,
interposed His precious blood.

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, O take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above.

1 comments:

Dawn Harvey said...

Thanks Mel. I also love this song so much. I think that it speaks to so many of us because it is FAMILIAR to us. It's like we sang it somewhere before this life and we're remembering the feelings we had when we were with our Father. This is the song that carried me through my hard days in Italy, I will always love it.