Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who is the fairest of them all?
Last week I held my 7 week old up to the mirror for the first time.
A miraculous thing happened.
He smiled! Really big.
Perhaps it was gas, though I doubt it.
Perhaps he thought he saw a friend.
Perhaps, and more believably, he is so happy to be here
enjoying this body for t
he first time
and so new to him.
Seeing this beautiful being that is him.
It reminded me
To smile in the mirror.
Because what I have, though not perfect, is
undeniably

and indefinitely
beautiful.
So what happens to us over time?
Why does our mind distort the image looking back?
Will it be distorted for him in time?
I hope not.

Don't believe Hollywood, my boy.
Love your imperfections that make you unique.
So. . . .
What did YOU see in the mirror today?

1 comments:

The Williamsons said...

I doubt it was gas, too. What a doll!! :)