Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday's "True" Reflection

If you will watch this video, toward the end you will realize why I titled this post as such. I LOVE this message. It is so important, so needed in our society today. My friend put this on her blog a few days ago and I just had to use it as my Sunday thought. (Thanks Trace!) Imagine if we can really BELIEVE and KNOW who we really are! So many plastic surgeons would be out of jobs! The "need" for the newest clothes, the latest fad, the tannest skin, the thinnest body--all of it would float away into oblivion. So much of the shallow marketing tactics targeting the insecure wouldn't work! But, probably the most advantageous, if I can really believe who I am as a mother, imagine what sort of impact that will have on my children. What a gift that would be to them! I struggle with many insecurities myself and this is an awesome reminder of what is true, what is important, and what is real in this short life we have.

2 comments:

tracie said...

I know. I love this video. I need to watch it weekly.

Melissa and Jason said...

That is beautiful, I'm glad you posted it!