Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday



My "very right-winged" friend (her words, not mine) posted this on her FB status today and it has me thinking quite a bit today. This man definitely has an agenda, don't you think? It's seems so to me and it terrifies me to think where we are headed as long as he heads down his self-driven course. I may get a bunch of tomato-throwing comments for having such opinions, but at least I am able to exercise my Constitutional rights! (For now!) Heck, maybe Obama will see this post and have me arrested BEFORE I actually do anything, just because I'm not his No. 1 fan and heaven forbid he feel threatened by me for being such. How can he, or anyone else for that matter, think it is okay to condemn the person before the act is committed? Are we protected at all by our Constitutional rights and freedoms anymore? Does the Constitution exist anymore in our current forms of government? I never saw Minority Report, but the premise of it is appalling. There was a talk given by Rex Lee, president of Brigham Young University that is wonderfully-written. Although it is quite lengthy, it is still worth reading if you have the time. And if not, at least read the section entitled The Limitation of Government. The founding fathers made the Constitution to be the end-all of any newly-developed law. The buck stops there. It SHOULD be, but sadly, our government doesn't treat it as such. Can we just get back to defending our rights laid out in this inspired document? Rex Lee said, in the document mentioned above, that "Scriptures ancient and modern tell us that there is something we can do to contribute to the cause of freedom in this land governed by a constitution--a constitution established by the hands of wise men raised up by God for that very purpose." What are you contributing to your cause of freedom?

3 comments:

Robert and Kristen said...

WOW! That was quite disturbing, it just reaffirms my feelings for Obama and I pray that he won't be re-elected!

David and Jana said...

Seriously, scared of that unstable man! I am with Kristen and pray that everyone opens their eyes to see how horrible it would be to re-elect him!

Denise said...

That man has been scaring me since the day he was elected. My diagnosis: he's a megalomaniac. But what do I know? I'm just another crazy right-winger. ;-)