Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February Catch-up

It is already March, which means I need to catch up on February. Sorry, not going to go ALL the way back to January, but at least I will be current from here.

After our stay at Primary Childrens' Hospital, we took a few weeks and laid low, so as to not contract anything else, but by Presidents' Day we were ready to get out. There's this great new place we went to called the Provo Beach Resort (thanks Heather for telling me about it via your blog!) and the kids had a great time with some of their cousins. Anyone who knows my Colby knows he loves and wants to do three things in life. They are, in random order: go to the beach, go golfing and go bowling. He would be elated to do any one of these things every single day. I can't blame him on the beach part--wouldn't mind doing that everyday myself.

Anyway, as soon as he saw this mini bowling game, he saw nothing else. We had to do it! The great thing was, after we played a game, one of the lanes broke and the employees had to fix it. When they were done, there were three games loaded and they let Colby play them all. He was in heaven! The other kids played in an indoor playground, but I couldn't get pictures of them as I sat out with the babe.



He was pretty excited that baby brother even got in on the action!

We played in the toddler area for a while. The kids were tuckered out by the end of the day! Isn't that the way we like them? Gives us moms a sense of accomplishment for sure!
They have a little carousel there too--what kid doesn't love a carousel?
Afterward, we had dinner at a great place called Malawi's Pizza. Yah, Malawi is a place in Africa. It is also a pizza place. African Pizza? Not really. Super yummy, super healthy pizza. Try it. You will love it. My favorite part is that a portion of each meal, goes to feed children in Africa. I totally stole these pictures from some lady's blog named Julie. Don't know her. Didn't order these. But thought you'd want to see what healthy pizza looks like.
They even have dessert pizza. Okay, so maybe not-so-healthy, but yummy nonetheless. I know we will be back.
That night, as Todd and I lay in bed, ready to go to sleep, he heard a large BOOM. I told him the washer was on and maybe it was that. We decided not to investigate, but after a while Todd had to go downstairs to get his phone/alarm clock. He came up with no pants or socks on. Weird. And he was in a huff. "We should have checked it out!" he said grumpily. What had happened was the liquid laundry detergent, which I had placed on top of the washer, fell off, breaking the cap, during the spin cycle of the wash. Brand spankin' new bottle. Only used it for that one load. This is at about 11 p.m. How do you clean liquid laundry detergent up without a sudsy mess? It flooded the entire laundry room and got on everything !!! It is clear. Can you see it? It was a 2-hour project that we hadn't anticipated, washing everything, even pulling out appliances. Lesson learned. Don't place detergent on top of the washer, and folks, check out any suspicious BOOMS in your house!
Last week Andrew fell flat on his face on his way to school. Sisters aren't quite sure how it happened, but they said after he fell, he couldn't walk real straight. So they brought him home and I kept him home for the day. He skinned it pretty good, though this picture doesn't do it justice. Boys.

Last Saturday the girls graduated from another book in their Suzuki journey. Alli from book 3 and Kendra from book 4--here is a clip from each. Kendra is in the second row in a white sweater and turquoise shirt.


Here is Alli's. She is in the white dress in the front. Way to go girls!




I feel bad that we didn't get many pictures of Todd on his birthday. At least he got breakfast in bed! We also celebrated Friday night by going to dinner at another favorite place of ours called La Jolla Groves. The same chef owns Malawis. Coincidence? It may just be pure talent on his part. It was a great birthday for Todd (and me) because we actually got to talk!! We need nothing else than to spend quality time together. Happy 36th Babe!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

OH how I love hearing your girls play Suzuki..it brings back so many meomries of my suzuki days!! They are sounding great!!

tracie said...

I want the address of the pizza place. Or better yet, girls night out.

Heather Curtis said...

I'm glad everyone liked the Provo Beach Resort- today I paid for Korver to go in the bigger playground and he had a blast. It is just a fun place with unique things to do allowing kids to get their energy out. I also have seen that pizza place a few times and have wondered if the pizza there would stands out above other pizza places. I will have to try it now that I have a recommendation. And Chris and I have a gift card to La Jolla Groves- I can't wait!