Sunday, March 6, 2011

Firmly Attached to Him

I am overcome with sadness lately.
Sadness for those around me.
Friends
Family
Neighbors
An overwhelming number of them are struggling with the weight
of personal burdens.
So many of them need comfort.
I want to remove their hurt.
But I can't.
I try to comfort,
in my small ways
yet I know it is insufficient.
Only He has the ability
to give complete peace.
I know that first-hand.
So I get on my knees
and pray for His mercy to be with them
that their burdens will be lifted.
He does heal.
I know it.


2 comments:

Dawn Harvey said...

Thank you, Mel.

Melissa and Jason said...

I hope you don't mind...but, I shared what you said on my Relief Society blog. It is something that I am feeling and you expressed it in words that I could not. Thank you. You have such a gift of words. I loved and needed that video today.