Monday, March 7, 2011

Money Matters Monday

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I am selling my dream car.

Why? Rather than the typical excuse of "Dave Ramsey says" why don't you check out my IAHY blog post for this week. It pretty much explains everything. And it is amazing how everything has fallen into place in the matter of days! On Saturday, we found this.

I was literally listed for under an hour when we called. Can you say crazy deal? Like $7500! (NADA for this is over $12000!) So we will be literally cutting our costs in half and have it paid off in under 18 months, verses another 3+ years with the Sequoia. Wish that we could have paid cash for it, but this is a step. Again, just read the IAHY post to see our plan.

Oh, and just a plug for the Man Upstairs. If anyone wonders if miracles still happen, my answer is He does. If you wonder if He cares about you, even your financial situation, He does. How do I know? After listing our car at midnight last night, I started to worry that we wouldn't be able to sell and then be left with 2 payments for a time. So this morning, just before Todd left to work, I prayed that if it is His will, that we could have a buyer for our car quickly. TWO HOURS later, a lady called, had her mechanic brother come look at it and is buying it TODAY WITH CASH!!!! That means we can then turn around, put $2500 into the new loan, making our loan only $5000. Miracles? Answer to prayer? You bet! Sell and buy a car all in the same day? This just doesn't happen without a little help from above. Thanks to Him who cares for my little situation enough to send a miracle my way today.

6 comments:

The Headrick Family said...

Wow that is awesome. Looks like you got a awesome deal!

David and Jana said...

Wow, congrats guys. I am so happy for this miracle today in your life. I am also excited to see the new vehicle.

Melissa and Jason said...

Wow! I'm excited for you. Send some of that luck our way! We are still trying to sell Jason's car.

tracie said...

Wow! I believe in miracles. That is great.

slopfam said...

Mel, you are so brave. I need to take a page out of your book. It's also good to be reminded that miracles happen...every day!

Missy said...

That IS huge!! And, yes, you ARE brave and it paid off! That's so great! I'm happy for you!